Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Brittle Nails in Brisk Weather

Are anyone else's cuticles looking particularly horrendous this fall? Mine were cracked, split and peeling for about a week. Needless to say I was looking for a way to rectify this situation. Your cuticles seal the area where your fingernails connect to you body. Damage to your cuticles can cause inflammation and infections in your nail base and fingers and you DON'T want that.

I purchased Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream. In which the active ingredients are; vitamin E, lemon oil, beeswax, and sweet almond oil for about $6.99. I'm sure results could have been achieved with a homemade mixture of essential oils, but I still wanted to try the product.

Within 3 applications of the cuticle creme my nails were back to their soft supple selves! I wish I had a before and after picture. Take care of your cuticles ladies, we wouldn't want you getting paronychia!

No comments:

Post a Comment